Effective: April 16, 2018
This Privacy Statement addresses the collection, use and dissemination of the information you voluntarily provide to The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the Port Authority Trans-Hudson Corporation (PATH) (collectively “Port Authority”) as a result of your use of a Port Authority Web site (other than any information accessible through hyperlinks to non-Port Authority Web sites) and is hereinafter referred to as the “Site.”
We provide this statement in order to allow you to make an informed decision as to how to utilize this Site. The following discloses the information-gathering and dissemination practices for this Site:
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
The Port Authority is the sole owner of information collected on this Site, which is administered, operated and maintained by the Port Authority and/or its contractors. The Port Authority will not sell, share, or rent the information you provide to us in any way other than those disclosed in this Privacy Statement. Unless you voluntarily provide it to us (for example, by filling out an application or form on the website), we do not collect any personally identifiable information from visitors to this Site.
The Port Authority does not knowingly collect personal information of children through the Site. The Port Authority strongly encourage parents and teachers to be involved in children’s online activities and the provision of personal information online.
We collect and use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide general information about the Port Authority, its facilities, business opportunities with the Port Authority, Port Authority career opportunities, and your transportation options utilizing Port Authority facilities; and
- To receive, process and respond to questions and/or comments that you send to us via the Site’s feedback page.
The Port Authority uses website analytics tools to measure performance and optimize the Site. The Port Authority does not combine personally identifiable information with the information collected through the use of any website analytics tool. An analytics tool collects information about the use of this Site, such as how many users visit the Site, which pages they visit on the Site, links that are clicked on the Site, or whether they are a new or returning user.
You can prevent website analytics tools from recognizing your visit(s) to this Site by disabling cookies or enabling a “Do Not Track” feature available on your browser.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We do not share your personal information with anyone except as required by law, Port Authority policy, or as necessary to conduct the business of the Port Authority to improve our services. Your personal information may be shared with the following:
- Employees, contractors and agents of the Port Authority, pursuant to Port Authority policies and procedures;
- Individuals who request information from the Port Authority, including, but not limited to, individuals who request information pursuant to the Port Authority Public Records Access Policy; and
- Other governmental agencies for public safety, law enforcement or regulatory and/or investigatory purposes.
Instances that may involve a legal obligation to share your personal information, include, without limitation, the following:
REQUESTS FOR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to make a request for records containing your personal information, such request shall be made as set forth in the Port Authority Access to Personal Information Policy.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We recognize that in order to truly protect the privacy of your personal information, we must take steps to ensure that our records of your personal information are secure from tampering and invasion. The following describes some of the steps we have taken to protect your personal information:
- Firewall protection of our databases;
- Restriction of access to our databases, limited to authorized employees and contractors with authenticated passwords and dual factor authentication;
- Frequent updates of virus protection software and security scans of our systems;
- Data exchange protection through use of the secure file transfer and secure transmission; and
- Data storage protection through use of encryption.
CONFLICTS BETWEEN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND OTHER PRIVACY STATEMENTS ON THE SITE
Certain pages of the Site may contain their own Privacy Statements specific to the activities and the information collection or submissions occurring through those pages. In case of conflict between this Privacy Statement and a Privacy Statement directed to the specific activities or transactions occurring on a particular page, the particular Privacy Statement that governs such page’s transactions and activities shall control.
HYPERLINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the Site prior to the effective date of the revised Privacy Statement. Your continued access or use of the Site after any changes become effective, shall represent your acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement.